To configure the L2TP connection, on an iPhone or iPad:
- Select Settings > VPN
- Click Add VPN Configuration.
- In the Type menu, select L2TP.
- In the Description text box, type a name for the VPN connection.
- In the Server text box, type the external IP address to connect to.
- In the Account text box, type your user name.
- Set the RSA SecurID setting to OFF.
- In the Password text box, type the password of the user.
- In the Secret text box, type the pre-shared key.
- Set the Send All Traffic setting to ON.
- For the Proxy setting, select OFF.
- Select Done.
Start the L2TP Connection
In this procedure, the name of the VPN connection is the service name you used when you configured the L2TP connection.
To start the L2TP connection:
- On the iOS device. select Settings > VPN.
- Select the L2TP VPN profile to use.
- Swipe the Status button to Connecting. It will say Connected when done.